|313 Form R|
|The EPOCH 313 Form R / Mass Balance Module can be used as a stand-alone tool to prepare the Form R for the EPA, or as the centerpiece of a fully integrated EHS information system. Releases from several other modules can be imported into this module and a process by process or facility wide mass balance prepared. |
- Calculate emissions using any combination of the following three methods:
Import - Import releases from the other EPOCH Modules.
Mass Balance - Import or enter the known releases and let the software solve for the unknown.
Manual - Directly enter the total pounds or gallons released from each facility or process.
- EPA approved for electronic submission or use the software provided by the EPA to print the Form R.
- Calculate discharges to water, POTW and underground injection using monitoring data, engineering calculations, user-defined release factors, and mass balances.
- Calculate stack or point emissions using monitoring data, engineering calculations, and mass balances.
- Calculates releases to land and materials sent off-site using monitoring data or mass balances.
- Provides a single repository for documenting assumptions used in all release calculations.
- Complies with Part II, Section 8.
- Perform release calculations based on mixtures and generates emission estimates by components.
- Compare releases from similar processes or facilities.
- What-If Analysis - Generate estimates using different methods and compare the results to determine the best reporting scenario.
- Stores results for multiple years to allow trend analysis for each chemical reported.
- No need to enter data once for preparing DMRs, Manifests, etc. and again for the Form R. One entry satisfies all reports.
- Import data each month and determine year-to-date those chemicals that have exceeded the thresholds. Also determine year-to-date Form R releases.
- Supports agency inspections by making all release calculation assumptions readily available.
- Supports waste minimization efforts by targeting processes for emission reduction.
- Interfaces with EPA-supplied software for actual Form R printing.
- Allows corporate employees to monitor all facilities for consistent calculations (increase comfort level).
- Helps insure accuracy by comparing present year releases against previous year's results.
The 313 Form R / Mass Balance Module is integrated with several other EPOCH Modules, including:
- Chemical Inventory - Import each usage transaction and have the Form R Module calculate the chemicals that have exceeded the thresholds for amount manufactured, processed or otherwise used.
- Manifest - Material sent offsite or land disposed are automatically converted to pounds and imported to the Form R Module.
- LDAR - The total pounds released are calculated based on the PPM reading for each valve, pump seal, compressor, etc. The emissions are speciated and posted to the Form R Module as a Fugitive Emission Release.
- Wastewater - The average PPM, flow and number of days are imported into the 313 Form R Module. Users can import releases for POTW, NPDES and UIC sources.
- Release Events - The total amount released is posted to the Form R as total pounds accidentally released.